My daughter is obsessed with acorns! She loves collecting the nuts any time that she finds one outside. For a recent autumn craft, my kids and I made some fun autumn acorns with our handprints.
- Light brown and dark brown nontoxic paint
- Blank paper
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard
- Cotton ball
- Pour some light brown paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of light brown paint on your child’s hand.
- Press light brown handprints onto the paper.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hand.
- After the light brown handprints dry, pour some dark brown paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a paintbrush to paint the acorn capule and stem at the wrist of each handprint.
Acorn Handprint Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Finished Acorn Handprint Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson