During the weeks before Christmas, I love spending hours in my kitchen baking cookies. A few years ago I stumbled across a beautiful recipe for candy cane blossoms from Baked Perfection. I wanted to make the gorgeous red and green cookies but had had trouble finding the Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses. This year while shopping for Thanksgiving ingredients, I found some at Walmart and was finally able to make the festive cookies!
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- red and green colored sugar
- Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Unwrap the Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla, egg, and milk in a large bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the red or green colored sugar.
- Place the sugared dough balls on an ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Press a Hershey’s Candy Cane Kiss into the center of each baked cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Store the candy cane blossom cookies in an airtight container.
Candy Cane Blossom Cookies Recipe © 2016 Heather Johnson
Sugaring the Cookie Dough Balls for the Candy Cane Blossom Cookies © 2016 Heather Johnson
Baked Candy Cane Blossom Cookie Dough © 2016 Heather Johnson
Putting the Candy Cane Kisses on the Candy Cane Blossom Cookies © 2016 Heather Johnson
Baked Candy Cane Blossom Cookies © 2016 Heather Johnson
Finished Candy Cane Blossom Cookies © 2016 Heather Johnson
Candy Cane Blossom Cookies © 2016 Heather Johnson