- 1 medium pumpkin
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut the pumpkin in half. Remove the innards and seeds.
- Place the pumpkin halves cut side down on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 60 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Allow the cooked pumpkin to cool slightly.
- Scoop out the cooked pumpkin meat and place in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium pan.
- Simmer over low heat until hot and bubbly. Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate or freeze any uneaten fall pumpkin soup.