- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 buttercup squash
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes.
- Wash and peel the buttercup squash. Remove the squash innards.
- Chop the sweet potatoes and squash into small pieces.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, squash, and water in a microwave-safe container.
- Microwave for 20 to 30 minutes at 5 minute increments until the vegetables soften.
- Allow the softened vegetables to cool slightly.
- Blend the sweet potatoes and squash with any extra water until creamy.
- Transfer the blended vegetables to a large soup pan.
- Add the milk, ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook over low heat until hot and bubbly. Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate any uneaten harvest sweet potato squash soup.
Harvest Sweet Potato Squash Soup © 2012 Heather Johnson
Chopping the Sweet Potatoes © 2012 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Buttercup Squash © 2012 Heather Johnson
Uncooked Chunks of Sweet Potatoes and Squash © 2012 Heather Johnson
Cooked Sweet Potatoes and Squash © 2012 Heather Johnson
Blending the Sweet Potatoes and Squash © 2012 Heather Johnson
Adding the Milk to the Blended Vegetables © 2012 Heather Johnson
Adding the Cinnamon, Ginger, and Cayenne © 2012 Heather Johnson
Cooking the Harvest Sweet Potato Squash Soup © 2012 Heather Johnson
Finished Harvest Sweet Potato Squash Soup © 2012 Heather Johnson