L is for ladybug! Help your toddler learn about the letter L by making a fun ladybug footprint craft.
- Red and black nontoxic paint
- Blank paper
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab or paintbrush
- Pour some red paint and some black paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of red paint on your child’s foot excluding the heel. Use another cotton ball to spread a thin layer of black paint on your child’s heel.
- Press the footprint into the top center of the paper with the toes pointing down.
- Wash the paint off your child’s foot.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of black paint on your child’s finger.
- Press six black fingerprints onto the red portion of the footprint. Reapply the black paint as needed.
- Wash the paint off your child’s finger.
- Use a paintbrush to paint six black legs and two black antennae onto footprint.
- Use a paintbrush to paint “L is for ladybug” in red on the paper.
Red and Black Acrylic Paint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Red Footprint with Black Heel © 2014 Heather Johnson
Adding Six Black Fingerprints © 2014 Heather Johnson
Painting Black Legs and Antennae © 2014 Heather Johnson
L Is for Ladybug Footprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson