I love spending time each day reading aloud to my two children. I also enjoy helping my daughter make her own books during our homeschool preschool lessons. Last fall during a review of colors, she and I crafted a color book that helps reinforce primary and secondary colors.
- Blank paper
- “My Color Book” template
- Rainbow paint chips
- Markers or crayons
- Plastic sheet protectors
- Clear packing tape
- Print the “My Color Book” template on the blank paper.
- Color the color words with markers or crayons.
- Cut the paint chips into individual colors.
- Glue the individual paint chips onto each corresponding page.
- After the glue dries, insert the pages into plastic sheet protectors.
- Tape the sheet protectors closed.
- Bind the pages together with yarn.
- Read “My Color Book.”
Cover of My Color Book © 2015 Heather Johnson
Inside Page of My Color Book © 2015 Heather Johnson