- 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place the oatmeal in a food processor. Chop into a coarsely-ground oat flour.
- Combine the oat flour, whole wheat flour, nutritional yeast, salt, baking powder, and flax seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the olive oil and canola oil to the dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the water until a firm dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough ball onto a greased baking sheet.
- Roll the dough into a flat sheet between an 1/8 and 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Score lines into the dough sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm.
- Allow the baked crackers to cool.
- Separate the large cracker into smaller individual crackers.
- Store the oatmeal, whole wheat, and flax seed crackers in an airtight container. These crackers taste best crumbled in a thick soup or stew.
Oatmeal, Whole Wheat, and Flax Seed Crackers © 2012 Heather JohnsonPost may include affiliate links.