- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of whole ground flax seed
- 1 3/4 cups of rolled oats
- 1 12 ounce package of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, nutritional yeast, and water in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the ground flax seed into the wet ingredients. Combine thoroughly.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the rolled oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 inch balls of the cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Store the peanut butter chocolate chip lactation cookies in an airtight container.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies © 2012 Heather Johnson