Objective: To learn about the weather
Message: Weather is what the air and sky are like each day.
- Weather by Gallimard Jeunesse and Pascale de Bourgoing
- Weather Words and What They Mean by Gail Gibbons
- Weather by Rena K. Kirkpatrick
Music: Weather Song for Children: Sun, Rain, Wind, and Snow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfAB4BXSHOA)
Fine Motor Skills:
- Science pages 26-27
- Weather and Seasons Workbook 1 pages 3-8, 12 (http://www.education.com/workbook/weather-seasons-1-workbook/)
- Weather and Seasons Workbook 2 pages 11-19 (http://www.education.com/workbook/weather-seasons-workbook/)
- What Belongs on a Sunny Day (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/circle-belongs-sunny-day/)
- What Belongs on a Rainy Day (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/circle-belongs-rainy-day/)
- What Belongs on a Snowy Day (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/circle-belongs-snowy-day/)
Craft/Activity 1: Science Centers pages 126-143
Craft/Activity 2: Paper Plate Weather Tracker (http://www.takethepen.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/weatherwheel2528newposter2529.jpg?w=225)
- Paper plate
- Black marker
- Crayons, markers, magazines, or other decorating materials
- Clothes pin or binder clip
- Divide the paper plate into six wedges using the black marker.
- Write Sunny, Cloudy, Partly Cloudy, Rainy, Windy, and Snowy in the six wedges.
- Create pictures with the decorating materials to represent each type of weather.
- Use the clothes pin or binder clip to indicate the weather for the day.
Cutting Practice: Cut pages 43-47
DK Workbooks: Science, Pre-K. 2014. DK Publishing. 978-1-4654-1726-8
Let’s Learn to Cut (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-206-7
Take It to Your Seat Science Centers, Grades PreK-K. 2005. Evan-Moor Educational Publishers. ISBN 978-1-59673-090-8
Weather Preschool Activities © 2015 Heather Johnson