- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 29 ounce can of pumpkin
- 6 ounces of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 12-ounce can of evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons of grated orange zest
- 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the sugar for the crust in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter for the crust.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients for the crust. Mix thoroughly.
- Press the crust into the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool thoroughly. Set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin, cream cheese brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer until creamy. Set aside.
- Combine the evaporated milk and orange zest in a small saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the gelatin into a small bowl.
- Add the bowling water to the gelatin. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir the gelatin into the milk mixture in the saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk mixture into the pumpkin mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the cooled crust.
- Let the filling cool for 30 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Refrigerate any uneaten pumpkin refrigerator squares.