My big sister is a cat named Princess. When I first met her when I was just a little eight-week-old puppy, she whacked me upside the head with her paw. As I grew bigger and eventually got bigger than her, she came to love me as an older sister should love her little brother. Just as she has learned to love me, I have learned a few things about cats from her. Here are some topics that you can discuss when you are talking to a cat:
- You can talk about catastrophes.
- Ask her if she has spotted any cat burglars lately.
- Did she spend any time being catatonic today?
- Did she have time for a cat nap?
- Would she like some fries with catsup?
- Has she has her eyes checked for cataracts?
- Ask her if she likes catfish.
- Inquire about her use of catnip.
- Did she attend catechism?
- Can she recommend a good Catawba?
- Does she strut her stuff on the catwalk?
- Has she ever met a caterpillar?
- Are there any cattle around?
- Would she ever own a catapult?
- What are some of her favorite categories?
- Does the mailman bring her catalogues?
- Has she ever caterwauled while cattycorner from a cathouse?
- Or you can just ask her about the whole kit n’ caboodle!
Do you have any other suggestions for how to talk to a cat?
Princess and Espen © 2011 Heather Johnson