Objective: To learn about how animals move and how animal protect themselves
Message: Animals move in different ways. Animals use different parts of their bodies to protect themselves from danger.
- Know About Pet Animals from Books Are Fun Ltd.
- Know About Farm Animals from Books Are Fun Ltd.
- Know About Wild Animals from Books Are Fun Ltd.
- Animal Movement by Jim Flegg
- Swing, Slither, or Swim: A Book About Animal Movement by Patricia Stockland
- Do Goldfish Gallop?: A Book About Animal Movement by Michael Dahl
- Do Donkeys Dance? by Melanie Walsh
Fine Motor Skills:
- Science pages 12-13 (Optional: Color the pictures after completing the activity.)
- Animal Coverings (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/body-coverings-of-animals/)
- Animal Body Coverings (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/animal-body-coverings/)
- Does It Move on Its Own? (http://www.gscdn.org/library/cms/11/25611.pdf)
Craft/Activity 1: Animal Movement Booklet
- Animal movement booklet (http://www.theeducationcenter.com/editorial_content/animals-on-the-go)
- Blank paper
- Glue stick
- Print the animal movement booklet on the blank paper.
- Color the pictures.
- Follow the directions in the booklet.
Craft/Activity 2: Science Centers 26-37
Gross Motor Skills: Move like different animals. Examples: Gallop like a horse. Hop like a bunny. Slither like a snake. Swim like a fish. Fly like a bird. Crawl like a crab. Roll like a roly poly.
DK Workbooks: Science, Pre-K. 2014. DK Publishing. 978-1-4654-1726-8
Take It to Your Seat Science Centers, Grades PreK-K. 2005. Evan-Moor Educational Publishers. ISBN 978-1-59673-090-8
Animal Movement and Protection Preschool Activities © 2015 Heather Johnson