Objective: To learn about size in terms of same size, big, small, bigger, and smaller
- Curious George: Bigger and Smaller
- Big, Bigger, Biggest! by Nancy Coffelt
Music: “The Apple Seed”
(Tune: “Itsy Bitsy Spider:)
Once a little apple seed was planted in the ground
Down came the wet rain falling all around
Out came the sun as bright as it could be
And that little apple seed became a great big tree
Fine Motor Skills:
- CCBS 88-95
- Small, Smaller, Smallest Worksheet (http://www.gscdn.org/library/cms/09/11309.pdf)
- Big, Bigger, Biggest Worksheet (http://www.gscdn.org/library/cms/06/11306.pdf)
Gross Motor Skills: Provide a pile of big and small toys. Sort the toys into two piles: big and small. Then separate toys of the same size.
Craft/Activity: Big and Small Collages
- Colored paper
- Blank paper
- Cut the colored paper into big and small shapes.
- Sort the shapes into big shapes and small shapes.
- Glue the big shapes on one sheet of paper and the small shapes on another sheet of paper.
- Display the big and small collages.
Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills (Grade P). 2011. American Education Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60996-328-6
Schiller, Pam and Pat Phipps. The Complete Daily Curriculum for Early Childhood (Revised). 2011. Gryphon House. Inc. ISBN 978-0-87659-358-5
Big and Small Collages © 2014 Heather Johnson