Objective: To learn about Christmas
- Christmas by Rebecca Pettiford
- The Christmas ABC by Florence Johnson
- Eight Jolly Reindeer by Ilanit Oliver
- The Last Christmas Tree by Stephen Krensky
- Little Blue Truck’s Christmas by Alice Schertle
- Merry Christmas, Ollie! by Olivier Dunrea
- Duck & Goose, It’s Time for Christmas by Tad Hills
Music: Sing Christmas carols and songs
- TTPWS 18-20
- Christmas Notebook 3-4 (http://www.livinglifeandlearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/christmas-printable-2.pdf)
Fine Motor Skills:
Christmas Coloring Pages
Christmas Tracing Pages
Craft/Activity 1: Paper Chain Snowman (http://fromabcstoacts.com/snowman-christmas-countdown)
- Black and white paper
- Black and orange markers
- Cut the white paper into three strips.
- Cut the black paper into one strip and one circle.
- Glue the black strip into a loop.
- Glue the black loop onto the black circle.
- Form a paper chain by gluing the three white strips together.
- Draw a snowman face on the top white loop.
- Draw three black coal buttons on the middle white loop.
- Glue the black hat on top of the top white loop.
- Poke two holes in the sides of the black hat.
- Thread some yarn through the holes.
- Tie the yarn to form a loop.
- Hang the snowman from the yarn to display.
Craft/Activity 2: Paper Plate Christmas Wreath (http://www.sowsproutplay.com/activities/simple-toddler-christmas-crafts-paper-plate-christmas-wreath/)
- Paper plate
- Green paint
- Decorating materials
- Paint brush
- Cut out the center of the paper plate.
- Paint the paper plate ring green.
- Decorate the green ring with various materials such as paper scraps, beads, buttons, glitter, and stickers.
- Display the paper plate wreath.
Craft/Activity 3: No Cook Cinnamon Ornaments
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1/2 cup of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of very warm water
- Combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, and warm water to form a dough.
- Shape the dough into ornaments.
- Poke holes in the ornaments for hanging.
- Allow the ornaments to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Thread the string through the holes.
- Hang the cinnamon ornaments.
Preschool Homeschool Curriculum: Christmas Lesson Plan © 2014 Heather Johnson
Christmas Preschool Crafts and Activities © 2014 Heather Johnson