Objective: To learn about the color black
- Black on White by Tara Hoban
- Black & White by Tara Hoban
- I Like Black and White by Barbara Jean Hicks
- Black by Nancy Harris
- Black by Patricia M. Stockland
- Batty for Black by Christianne C. Jones
- Baa Baa Black Sheep by Iza Trapani
- Five Black Cats by Patricia Hegarty
Music: “Baa, Baa, Black Sheep”
Baa, baa, black sleep
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full
One for my master
And one for my dame
And one for the little boy/girl that lives down the lane
Fine Motor Skills:
- CCBS page 26
- LLCS pages 24-25
Gross Motor Skills: Move to songs with black in the title while sitting in the dark. Explore movement in absence of the sense of sight.
- “Back in Black” by AC/DC
- “Black Magic Woman” by Santana
- “Black or White” by Michael Jackson
- “Blackbird” by The Beatles
- “Men in Black” by Will Smith
Craft/Activity: Cotton Ball Black Sheep
- Sheep printable (http://www.coloring-pages-kids.com/coloring-pages/animal-coloring-pages/farm-animals-coloring-pages/sheep-coloring-pages-images/sheep-coloring-page-09.php)
- Cotton balls
- Plastic sheeting
- Black water-based paint
- Empty container
- Plastic spoon
- Print the sheep printable on blank paper.
- Cover a workspace with the plastic sheeting.
- Fill the container with some black paint.
- Thin the paint slightly by adding a little water.
- Stir the water and paint together thoroughly.
- Dunk a cotton ball into the thinned down black paint.
- Stick the dyed cotton ball onto the sheep.
- Repeat until the sheet is covered with black cotton balls.
- Allow the paint to dry thoroughly.
Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills (Grade P). 2011. American Education Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60996-328-6
Let’s Learn Colors & Shapes (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-201-2
Schiller, Pam and Pat Phipps. The Complete Daily Curriculum for Early Childhood (Revised). 2011. Gryphon House. Inc. ISBN 978-0-87659-358-5
Cotton Ball Black Sheep © 2014 Heather Johnson