Objective: To learn about the color pink
Message: Red and white make pink.
- Little Pink Book by Renée Khatami
- Penny Loves Pink by Cori Doerrfeld
- My Pretty Pink Purse by Tim Bugbird
- Pink: Seeing Pink All Around Us by Michael Dahl
- Pink Takes a Bow by Christianne C. Jones
- Abby’s Pink Party by Naomi Kleinberg
- Pink as a Piglet by Molly Dingles
Music: “One Pink Piglet” (CDC 325)
One pink piglet went out to play (Wiggle one finger)
Out in the barnyard mud one day.
He had such messy muddy fun
That he called for another pink pig to come.
Two pink piglets went out to play… (Wiggle two fingers)
Continue through five pink piglets.
Fine Motor Skills:
- CCBS page 20
- LLCS pages 18-19
Gross Motor Skills: Dancing to songs with pink in the title.
- “Pink” by Areosmith
- “Geek in the Pink” by Jason Mraz
- “Pink Houses” by John Mellencamp
Craft/Activity: Mixing Cloud Dough
- 1/2 cup of thick hair conditioner
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- Red food coloring
- Combine the conditioner and cornstarch in a bowl until well mixed.
- Divide the cloud dough in half.
- Add red food coloring to one half to create bright red dough.
- Combine the red and white cloud dough to create pink dough.
- Store the cloud dough in an airtight container.
- Optional: Add peppermint extract to the dough to create scented cloud dough.
Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills (Grade P). 2011. American Education Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60996-328-6
Let’s Learn Colors & Shapes (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-201-2
Schiller, Pam and Pat Phipps. The Complete Daily Curriculum for Early Childhood (Revised). 2011. Gryphon House. Inc. ISBN 978-0-87659-358-5
Pink Cloud Dough © 2014 Heather Johnson