Objective: To learn about the color yellow
- Yellow by Mary Elizabeth Salzmann
- Yellow by Nicole Pristash
- Yellow by Heather Adamson
- I See Yellow by Micco Trudy
- Yellow Animals by Melissa Stewart
- Yellow by Daniel Nunn
- Yellow by J. Jean Robertson
- Why Are Animals Yellow? by Melissa Stewart
Music: “Falling Leaves” (CDC page 299)
Little leaves are falling down (Wiggle fingers downward)
Red and yellow, orange and brown (Count on fingers)
Whirling, twirling round and round (Twirl fingers)
Falling softly to the ground (Wiggle fingers downward to the ground)
Fine Motor Skills:
- CCBS page 12
- LLCS pages 8-9
Gross Motor Skills: Dancing to “Yellow Submarine”
Craft/Activity: Fingerpaint Leaves (EFF page 24)
- Yellow paint
- Blank paper
- Scrap cardboard
- Collect leaves from outside.
- Pour some yellow paint on the cardboard.
- Dip the leaves into the yellow paint.
- Press the leaves onto the blank paper.
Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills (Grade P). 2011. American Education Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60996-328-6
Everything for Fall: A Complete Activity Book for Teachers of Young Children. 1997. Gryphon House, Inc. ISBN 0-87659-185-3
Let’s Learn Colors & Shapes (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-201-2
Schiller, Pam and Pat Phipps. The Complete Daily Curriculum for Early Childhood (Revised). 2011. Gryphon House. Inc. ISBN 978-0-87659-358-5
Preschool Homeschool Curriculum: Color Yellow Lesson Plan © 2014 Heather Johnson
Fingerpaint Leaves © 2014 Heather Johnson