Objective: To learn about the Earth, Sun, and Moon
Message: The Earth revolves around the Sun. The Moon revolves around the Earth.
- Earth, Sun, and Moon by Robin Birch
- On Earth by G. Brian Karas
- What Makes Day and Night by Franklyn M Branley
- Under the Sun by Ellen Kandoian
- Moon by Steve Tomecek
Music: Earth and Sun (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM01YJF8xT4)
Fine Motor Skills:
- Science Centers pages 180-189
- Color Day and Night (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/teaching-day-and-night/)
- Phrases of the Moon (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/learning-moon-phases/)
- Moon Phases (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/identifying-moon-phases/)
Craft/Activity: Sun-Earth-Moon Model (http://easypreschoolcraft.blogspot.com/2011/11/sun-earth-moon-model-craft.html)
- Paper plate
- Thick white paper
- Yellow, blue, green, and gray crayons or markers
- Hole punch
- Brass fasteners
- Cut a medium circle, a small circle, and two long strips from the thick white paper.
- Color the paper plate yellow.
- Color the medium circle green and blue.
- Color the small circle gray.
- Punch holes in the centers of each circle and on the ends of each long strip.
- Connect the paper plate to the medium circle and the medium circle to the small circle.
- Explain that the Earth (medium circle) revolves around the Sun (paper plate) and the Moon (small circle) revolves around the Earth.
Cutting Practice: Cut page 59
Let’s Learn to Cut (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-206-7
Take It to Your Seat Science Centers, Grades PreK-K. 2005. Evan-Moor Educational Publishers. ISBN 978-1-59673-090-8
Preschool Homeschool Curriculum: Earth, Moon, and Sun Lesson Plan © 2015 Heather Johnson
Earth, Moon, and Sun Preschool Activities © 2015 Heather Johnson