Objective: To learn about the shape heart
- A Circle Here, A Square There: My Shapes Book by David Diehl
- Pick a Circle, Gather Squares: A Fall Harvest of Shapes by Felicia Sanzari Chernesky
Music: “Make a Heart”
I put my hands together (Palms together)
This is how I start
I curve my fingers right around (Curve hands into heart shape)
And I can make a heart
Fine Motor Skills:
- LLCS pages 50-51
- SCEW page 9
Gross Motor Skills: Dance to songs with heart in the title.
- “Heart of Glass” by Blondie
- “Achy Breaky Heart” by Billy Ray Cyrus
- “This Is How a Heart Breaks” by Rob Thomas
- “Shape of My Heart” by Backstreet Boys
- “Groove Is in the Heart” by Deee-lite
- “Put a Little Love in Your Heart” by Dolly Parton
- “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” by Elton John & Kiki Dee
Craft/Activity: Heart Turkey
- Red, orange, yellow, brown, and black construction paper
- Cut a heart from the red, orange, yellow, and brown construction paper.
- Cut a triangle from the orange paper, two small circles from the black paper, and a S from the red paper.
- Glue the red, orange, and yellow hearts to the back of the brown heart to form a turkey.
- Glue the orange triangle, black circles, and red S to the brown heart to form a turkey face.
Shapes Review: BPW pages 38-41
Big Preschool Workbook (P). 2014. School Zone Publishing Company. ISBN 978-0887431456
Backer, Barbara. The Weekly Curriculum: 52 Complete Preschool Themes. 2003. Gryphon House, Inc. ISBN 978-0-89659-282-3
Let’s Learn Colors & Shapes (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-201-2
Schiller, Pam and Pat Phipps. The Complete Daily Curriculum for Early Childhood (Revised). 2011. Gryphon House. Inc. ISBN 978-0-87659-358-5
Shapes and Colors Educational Workbook (Pre-K Kindergarten). 2014. The Clever Factory, Inc.
Heart Turkeys © 2014 Heather Johnson