Objective: To learn about the human body
Message: People have many body parts.
- Me and My Amazing Body by Joan Sweeney
- My Amazing Body Pat Thomas
- My First Body Board Book from DK Publishing
- A Drop of Blood by Paul Showers
- What Happens to a Hamburger? by Paul Showers
- Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn by Melvin Berger
Music: “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes”
“If You’re Happy and You Know It” (Sing “If you’re happy and you know it, point to your _____,” inserting various body parts.)
Video: Rock ‘N Learn Human Body
Fine Motor Skills:
Science page 29
Science Centers pages 116-125
- Body Basics: Work Anatomy Vocab (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/body-basics-body/)
- Learn Body Parts (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/doctor-doctor/)
- Hand and Foot Print Prewriting (http://www.luminpdf.com/files/2081997/bodyprewrite.pdf)
- Body Parts (http://www.luminpdf.com/files/2082107/Label%20the%20Body.pdf)
- Body Description (http://www.kids-pages.com/folders/worksheets/Body/BodyDescriptions.pdf)
- Clothes and Body Parts (http://www.kids-pages.com/folders/worksheets/Clothes/page1.htm)
Craft/Activity: Body Tracing
- Large sheet of paper
- Have the child lay on the sheet of paper.
- Trace the child’s body with the marker.
- Help the child write the name of the body parts on the tracing.
- Color the body tracing.
Cutting Practice: Cut pages 51-53
DK Workbooks: Science, Pre-K. 2014. DK Publishing. 978-1-4654-1726-8
Let’s Learn to Cut (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-206-7
Take It to Your Seat Science Centers, Grades PreK-K. 2005. Evan-Moor Educational Publishers. ISBN 978-1-59673-090-8
Human Body Preschool Activities © 2015 Heather Johnson