Objective: To learn about living things
Message: Living things need food, air, and water to live. Animals, plants, and bugs are living things.
- Living and Nonliving in the Grasslands by Rebecca Rissman
- Living and Nonliving in the Rain Forest by Rebecca Rissman
- Living and Nonliving in the Polar Regions by Rebecca Rissman
- Living and Nonliving in the Desert by Rebecca Rissman
- Living and Nonliving in the Mountains by Rebecca Rissman
Music: “Living and Nonliving Things” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_aAkuK_8nQ)
Fine Motor Skills: Science page 4 (Optional: Color the pictures after completing the activity.)
Craft/Activity 1: Science Centers 4-13
Craft/Activity 2: Living Things Sorting Cards Worksheet
- Blank paper
- Living things sorting cards worksheet template (http://www.worksheetplace.com/mf/Living-Things-Sort-Pictures.pdf)
- Print the living things sorting cards worksheet template on a blank sheet of paper.
- Color the pictures with the crayons.
- Cut the cards apart.
- Sort the cards into living and nonliving things.
DK Workbooks: Science, Pre-K. 2014. DK Publishing. 978-1-4654-1726-8
Take It to Your Seat Science Centers, Grades PreK-K. 2005. Evan-Moor Educational Publishers. ISBN 978-1-59673-090-8
Living Things Activities © 2015 Heather Johnson