Objective: To learn about the shape oval
Message: Ovals are flattened or stretched circles.
- Ovals by Sarah L. Schuette
- Ovals by Julia Vogel
- Ovals Around Town by Nathan Olson
- Ovals by Dana Meachen Rau
- Ovals by Mary Elizabeth Salzmann
(Tune: “Did You Ever See a Lassie?”)
Eggs are shaped like ovals
Eggs are shaped liked ovals
Like circles stretched out long
Substitute “eggs” with other oval-shaped objects.
Fine Motor Skills:
- LLCS pages 44-45
- CCBS pages 72-77
Gross Motor Skills: Toss plastic Easter eggs into various containers.
Craft/Activity: Oval Magazine Collage
- Old magazines
- Blank paper
- Glue or glue stick
- Find pictures of ovals such as eggs, balloons, watermelons, footballs, and potatoes in the magazines.
- Cut out the ovals.
- Cut the blank paper into a large oval.
- Glue the oval pictures onto the larger oval.
- Display the oval collage.
Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills (Grade P). 2011. American Education Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60996-328-6
Everything for Fall: A Complete Activity Book for Teachers of Young Children. 1997. Gryphon House, Inc. ISBN 0-87659-185-3
Let’s Learn Colors & Shapes (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-201-2
Schiller, Pam and Pat Phipps. The Complete Daily Curriculum for Early Childhood (Revised). 2011. Gryphon House. Inc. ISBN 978-0-87659-358-5
Oval Magazine Collage © 2014 Heather Johnson