Objective: To learn about the life cycles of plants
Message: Plants grow from seeds. Plants grow and change.
- Nature’s Cycles: Plants by Dana Meachen Rau
- Plant Life Cycles by Julie K. Lundgren
- Seeds by Gail Saunders-Smith
- Seed to Plant by Lisa M. Herrington
- Acorn to Oak Tree by Lisa M. Herrington
- I Am an Apple by Jean Marzollo
- Life Cycle of a Pumpkin by Ron Fridell and Patricia Walsh
- The Life Cycle of a Flower by Molly Aloian and Bobbie Kalman
Fine Motor Skills: Science pages 20-21
Craft/Activity 1: Science Centers pages 62-71
Craft/Activity 2: Plant Life Cycle Worksheets
- Life Cycle of a Plant (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/life-cycle-of-a-plant/)
- Plant Life Cycle (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/plant-life-cycle/)
- Pumpkin Life Cycle (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/pumpkin-life-cycle/)
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Coloring (http://www.itsybitsyfun.com/uploads/9/8/7/6/9876061/pumpkin_life_cycle_to_color.pdf)
- How Does Corn Grow (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/corn-life-cycle/)
Craft/Activity 3: Plant Life Cycle Plate Craft
- Plant life cycle printable (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/2a/1c/66/2a1c66c652b65b73bd3ace34943e71a8.jpg)
- Blank paper
- Paper plate
- Black marker
- Print the plant life cycle printable on the blank paper.
- Color the printable with the crayons.
- Cut out the four squares that illustrate the seeds, seedlings, young plants, and mature plants.
- Draw an X on the paper plate with the black marker.
- Glue the squares onto the paper plate in each quadrant in order.
DK Workbooks: Science, Pre-K. 2014. DK Publishing. 978-1-4654-1726-8
Take It to Your Seat Science Centers, Grades PreK-K. 2005. Evan-Moor Educational Publishers. ISBN 978-1-59673-090-8
Plant Life Cycle Preschool Activities © 2015 Heather Johnson