Objective: To learn about plants
Message: Plants are living things that need light and water and that usually live in the ground.
- Plants by Rebecca Rissman
- Plants by Sally Odgers
- What Is a Plant? by Jennifer Colby
- Plants Are Alive! by Molly Aloian
Music: “Five Spring Flowers”
Five spring flowers, all in a row.
The first one said, “We need rain to grow!”
The second one said, “Oh, my, we need water!”
The third one said, “Yes, it’s getting hotter!”
The fourth one said, “I see clouds in the sky.”
The fifth one said, “I wonder why?”
Then boom went the thunder
And zap went the lightning!
That springtime storm was really frightening!
But the flowers weren’t worried — oh, no, no, no!
The rain helped them to grow, grow, grow!
Fine Motor Skills:
- Science pages 16-19
- All About Trees (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/trees/)
- Find the Plants (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/find-the-plants/)
- What Do Plants Need? (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/plants/)
- What Plants Need to Survive (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/what-plants-need-to-survive/)
- What Affects Plant Growth (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/plant-matters-plants/)
Craft/Activity 1: Science Centers pages 96-105
- Planting Flowers in the Garden (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/plant-flower-garden/)
- Planting Fruits in the Garden (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/planting-garden/)
- Planting Vegetables in the Garden (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/plant-vegetable-garden/)
DK Workbooks: Science, Pre-K. 2014. DK Publishing. 978-1-4654-1726-8
Take It to Your Seat Science Centers, Grades PreK-K. 2005. Evan-Moor Educational Publishers. ISBN 978-1-59673-090-8
Plants Preschool Activities © 2015 Heather Johnson