Objective: To learn about the seasons
Message: The four seasons are spring, summer, fall/autumn, and winter.
- Spring by Sian Smith
- Spring by Ann Herriges
- Summer by Sian Smith
- Summer by Ann Herriges
- Fall by Sian Smith
- Fall by Ann Herriges
- Winter by Sian Smith
- Winter by Ann Herriges
Music: The Four Seasons (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2tV69N0X8k)
Fine Motor Skills:
- Science page 28
- Match the Seasons: Trace the Diagonal Lines (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/match-seasons-trace-the-diagonal-lines/)
- Weather and Seasons Workbook 1 pages 13, 17, 20-22 (http://www.education.com/workbook/weather-seasons-1-workbook/)
- Weather and Seasons Workbook 2 pages 4, 6-9 (http://www.education.com/workbook/weather-seasons-workbook/)
- What Do You Wear in the Spring (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/spring-weather-wear-preschool/)
- What Do You Wear in the Summer (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/summer-weather-wear-preschool/)
- What Do You Wear in the Fall (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/fall-weather-wear-preschool/)
- What Do You Wear in the Winter (http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/winter-weather-wear-preschool/)
Craft/Activity: Four Seasons Handprint Trees (http://www.123homeschool4me.com/2012/03/learning-about-4-seasons-free-printable.html)
- Trace your child’s hand and arm on a piece brown paper.
- Cut out four brown hand and arm prints.
- Glue the brown handprints to the blue paper with the fingers pointing up.
- Decorate each handprint for each of the four seasons. (White snow for winter. Light green and pink for spring. Dark green for summer. Red, orange, and yellow for fall.)
- Write the name of each season across the top of each handprint tree craft with the black marker.
Cutting Practice: Cut page 49
DK Workbooks: Science, Pre-K. 2014. DK Publishing. 978-1-4654-1726-8
Let’s Learn to Cut (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-206-7
Seasons Preschool Activities © 2015 Heather Johnson