Objective: To review the shapes circle, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, diamond-rhombus, star, heart, moon-crescent, and octagon
- Shapes Around Us by Daniel Nunn
- Monster Knows Shapes by Lori Capote
- Round Is a Tortilla: A Book of Shapes by Roseanne Greenfield Thong
- Round Is a Mooncake: A Book of Shapes by Roseanne Thong
- Shapes with Snakes by Tracey Steffora
- Peek-a-Boo Penguin Colors and Shapes by Ruth Owen
Fine Motor Skills:
- LLCS pages 42-43, 52-60
- CCBS pages 84-87
- BPW pages 50-61
- SCEW 2013 pages 14-15
- SCEW 2014 pages 12-18
Craft/Activity: Shape Ornaments Christmas Garland
- Color paper
- Cut some colored paper into the shape of glass Christmas ornaments.
- Cut more colored paper into smaller circles, squares, rectangles, triangles, ovals, diamonds-rhombuses, stars, hearts, moons-crescents, and octagons.
- Glue the shapes onto the ornaments.
- Glue two decorated ornaments back-to-back with a long piece of yarn between the two ornaments. Continue gluing the decorated ornaments to the yarn to create a Christmas garland.
- Display the shape ornaments Christmas garland.
Big Preschool Workbook (P). 2014. School Zone Publishing Company. ISBN 978-0887431456
Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills (Grade P). 2011. American Education Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60996-328-6
Let’s Learn Colors & Shapes (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-201-2
Schiller, Pam and Pat Phipps. The Complete Daily Curriculum for Early Childhood (Revised). 2011. Gryphon House. Inc. ISBN 978-0-87659-358-5
Shapes and Colors Educational Workbook (Kindergarten). 2013. The Clever Factory, Inc.
Shapes and Colors Educational Workbook (Pre-K Kindergarten). 2014. The Clever Factory, Inc.
Shape Ornaments Christmas Garland © 2014 Heather Johnson