Objective: To learn about the shape square
Message: Squares have four equal sides.
- Squares by Anita Loughrey
- Perfect Square by Michael Hall
- Square by Bryony Jones
- Squares by Pamela Hall
- Square from Play Bac Publishing
- Squares Around Town by Nathan Olson
- Squares by Dana Meachen Rau
- Squares by Diyan Leake
- Squares by Sarah L. Schuette
Music: “Square Song” by Have Fun Teaching (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb8Y38eilRM)
Fine Motor Skills:
- LLCS pages 36-37
- CCBS pages 54-59
Craft/Activity: Square Collage Candy Corn (http://www.mamaslikeme.com/2011/10/candy-corn-craft.html)
- Black, orange, yellow, and white construction paper
- White crayon
- Glue or glue stick
- Cut the orange, yellow, and white paper into squares.
- Use the white crayon to draw the outline of candy corn on the black paper.
- Divide the outline into three sections with the crayon.
- Glue the orange, yellow, and white squares into each section of the candy corn outline.
Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills (Grade P). 2011. American Education Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60996-328-6
Let’s Learn Colors & Shapes (2+). 2011. Spectrum Early Years. ISBN 978-1-60996-201-2
Schiller, Pam and Pat Phipps. The Complete Daily Curriculum for Early Childhood (Revised). 2011. Gryphon House. Inc. ISBN 978-0-87659-358-5
Square Collage Candy Corn © 2014 Heather Johnson