All posts tagged "singular noun"
- Not All Forms That Function as Adverbials Are Adverbs
The other day I read a tweet that made some claims about adverbs: “The -s in “unawares,” as in “they were...English AdverbsMay 1, 2019
- Are ‘Yesterday,’ ‘Today’, and ‘Tomorrow’ Nouns or Adverbs?
Are the words yesterday, today, and tomorrow adverbs or nouns? Oxford Living Dictionaries identifies all three words as an adverb first...English AdverbsApril 14, 2019
- Lies Your Grammar Teacher Told You: Nouns and Adjectives
Notional grammars define adjectives as “words that describe nouns.” Big, cute, green, small, and wonky are prototypical adjectives. In big bully,...English AdjectivesMarch 31, 2019
- Types of Nouns: Common, Proper, Collective, Compound, Count, and Noncount
Traditional grammars define nouns as “words that name people, places, things, and ideas.” Prototypical nouns express grammatical number, singular and plural,...English NounsMay 19, 2013
- Grammatical Form of English Nouns
Traditional grammars define nouns as “words that refer to people, places, things, and ideas.” Pronouns are a subcategory of nouns. Noun...English NounsMarch 27, 2013
- English Nouns
Notional grammars define nouns as “words that name people, places, things, and ideas.” Noun phrases are phrases that consist of a...English NounsSeptember 17, 2011