Connect
To Top

The Duck and the Dobbs Ferry Smoke Stack: The Rubber Ducky Project Week 9

The Duck and the Dobbs Ferry Smoke Stack features a rubber duck hanging out under the smoke stack on the north lawn of Waterfront Park in Dobbs Ferry, New York. At the beginning of 2013, I made a resolution to post a weekly photograph of a rubber duck. Because my daughter loved rubber duckies so much, my goal was to post a picture a week of one of her rubber ducks. Her ducks have showed up in some pretty unusual places over the past few years as part of The Rubber Ducky Project.

The Duck and the Dobbs Ferry Smoke Stack

Image Credits

The Duck and the Dobbs Ferry Smoke Stack © 2015 Heather Johnson

18 Comments

1. Rosie

February 27, 2016 at 11:39 am

This is the most well traveled rubber duckie ever – and so that means you folks really see the sights – another cool picture!!

2. Molli Vandehey

February 27, 2016 at 11:50 am

i did not know about this, this is adorable and ill be following it now!

3. Enjoy Freebies (missfrosty1)

February 27, 2016 at 5:22 pm

I have always loved the idea of taking pics of a toy or other special object wherever we roam. I just keep forgetting to do this. I love how you chose the ducky and all the places it has been.

4. Agnes

February 27, 2016 at 5:32 pm

how awesome that you take a picture with a rubber duck, very cool idea.

5. Rochelle

February 27, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Oh I like this idea! Thanks for sharing.

6. Obviously MARvelous

February 27, 2016 at 7:20 pm

I love the premise behind the project. What a sweet way to honor your daughter and something she loves.

7. Amber Ludwig

February 27, 2016 at 7:43 pm

So neat!! I love ferrys!! We spent a vacation right by the mississippi one year and I loved watching all the barges and ferries go through!

8. Karina - My Letters of Transit

February 28, 2016 at 11:15 am

I love the idea of taking something your child loves and incorporating it into your photos. It reminds me of the movie “Amelie” with the little garden gnome being photographed in landmarks throughout the world.

9. Barrie

February 28, 2016 at 1:57 pm

I love this idea of taking photos of what your daughter loves.

10. Mardene Carr

February 28, 2016 at 11:55 pm

These are the little things that kids will remember when they become adults

11. ElizOF

February 29, 2016 at 12:09 am

I’m impressed by your dedication to get those duckies around… Next time you’re in our neck of the wood, give me a holla! 🙂
    Eliz Frank

• Heather Johnson

February 29, 2016 at 9:00 am

The duck lives in my purse and goes everywhere with me. I just have to remember to take pictures when we are out and about!

12. Kiwi

February 29, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I actually collect rubber duckies! This is a super odd place for a duck to appear but its cute!

13. Jerry Marquardt

February 29, 2016 at 6:47 pm

It looks great except the smokestack. Other than that, it would be good.

14. Anamika Ojha

February 29, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Awn…its cute and fun DIY. Thanks for sharing it to us!

15. slehan

March 1, 2016 at 3:10 pm

That’s one traveling ducky. Fun.
    slehan at juno dot com

16. Edna Williams

March 4, 2016 at 12:17 pm

That’s cute! Thanks for sharing!

17. Jerry Marquardt

March 14, 2016 at 10:13 pm

I liked the duck. It stand out as I was a photographer.

More in Blog

• Family Fun in Iowa: Iowa Children’s Museum

For my oldest daughter’s birthday last year, my family took an overnight trip to Iowa City to visit the Iowa Children’s...

Heather JohnsonMarch 20, 2019
  • Winter Craft Roundup

I love winter, but cold weather often means that my children and I get stuck inside. Crafts are a perfect activity...

Heather JohnsonJanuary 30, 2019
  • Felt Mistletoe Craft

Mistletoe is a leathery-leaved parasitic plant that bears white berries in the winter. Kissing under the mistletoe is a popular tradition...

Heather JohnsonDecember 17, 2018
  • Deco Mesh, Ribbon, and Mesh Tube Candy Cane Christmas Wreath Craft

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love adorning my house with all sorts of pretty decorations including wreaths....

Heather JohnsonDecember 3, 2018
  • How to Make Colored Decorating Sugar

I love baking during the holidays. Many of my favorite cookie recipes including my rolled sugar cookies, peanut butter blossoms, red...

Heather JohnsonDecember 2, 2018