- Is “Some Years Back” Grammatically Correct?
Earlier today I came across a tweet that argued against the use of the word back in the phrase some years...English PrepositionsFebruary 4, 2020
- Why Are <talk>, <walk>, and <stalk> Spelled with <l>?
Yesterday I introduced my 5-year-old to the words <talk> and <walk>. He knows that graphemes can spell sounds, specifically that <l>...InformationFebruary 3, 2020
- Why Is <broad> Spelled with the <oa> Digraph?
Yesterday I posted on my social media about the spelling of the word <broad>. I just introduced the <oa> grapheme to...InformationJanuary 23, 2020
- Word Matrix: Leve
I always misspell the word <relevant> as <*relavant> based on a thinking that <relevant> is related to <relative>. I recently decided...InformationJanuary 22, 2020
- <*tion> Is Not an English Suffix
<*tion> is not an English suffix. I repeat: <*tion> is not an English suffix. I previously wrote a post entitled The...InformationJanuary 17, 2020
- <Urine> and My Phonics Phail
I grew up in the 1990s. I entered kindergarten in 1990 and began learning to read that year. Phonics and sight...InformationJanuary 15, 2020
- Sugared Cranberries Recipe
I love cranberries, which are a perfect fruit during the holidays. This year for Christmas, I whipped up a batch of...RecipesDecember 21, 2019
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Felt Ornament Craft
I am obsessed with all things Christmas. I especially love wearing my many Christmas shirts and sweaters from Thanksgiving through Christmas....BlogDecember 20, 2019
- From Felines to Street Drugs to Zero Phones: <cat>, <methcathinone>, and <ephedron>
You never know where a word study will take you. A while back, my oldest and I did a word study...InformationDecember 20, 2019
- Pfeffernusse Cookie Recipe
Pfeffernusse is a traditional German cookie that reminds me of gingerbread. The spices are similar: cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg. The...RecipesDecember 19, 2019