My kids love chicken strips! Although I usually pop my favorite whole-grain breaded chicken from the freezer in the oven for a quick meal, sometimes I like to make a dish with a little bit more of a homemade touch. My cheesy chicken strips are easy to make and huge hits with my little ones (and husband)!
- 2 cups of cheese-flavored crackers
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 pound of lean boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Trim all visible fat from the chicken.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch strips.
- Place the cheese crackers, basil and pepper in a large bag. Crush until crumbed.
- Dip the chicken strips into the milk.
- Add the chicken strips to the cracker crumbs. Thoroughly coat the chicken with the crumb mixture.
- Place the coated chicken strips onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate any uneaten cheesy chicken strips.
Cheesy Chicken Strips Recipe © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cheesy Chicken Strips © 2015 Heather Johnson