- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of maraschino cherry juice
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 6 drops of red food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of chopped maraschino cherries
- white sugar
- chocolate kisses
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Soften the butter.
- Combine the softened butter, powdered sugar, maraschino cherry juice, vanilla extract, and red food coloring in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Combine the flour and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chopped maraschino cherries.
- Roll the cookie dough into one-inch balls.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in white sugar.
- Place the sugared dough balls on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Press a small indent in the center of each cookie until the cookie is about one-half inch thick.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Immediately press a chocolate Kiss into the centers of the baked cookies.
- Remove from the cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Cherry Vanilla Kiss Cookies © 2012 Heather Johnson