Cranberries are one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. I always whipped up a yummy batch of orange cranberry sauce for the big meal. This year I am adding a super simple cranberry relish to my Thanksgiving day menu.
- 12 ounces of cranberries
- 15 ounces of mandarin oranges
- 1 cup of white sugar
- Wash the cranberries and rinse the oranges.
- Use a food processor to chop the cranberries and oranges into small chunks. Do not blend the fruit mixture.
- Pour the blended cranberry-orange mixture into a medium bowl.
- Add the sugar to the cranberry-orange mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Refrigerate the cranberry relish in a covered container for at least an hour.
- Serve cold.
- Refrigerate any uneaten cranberry relish.
Cranberry Relish Recipe © 2016 Heather Johnson
Ingredients for the Cranberry Relish © 2016 Heather Johnson
Cranberries and Mandarin Oranges for the Cranberry Relish © 2016 Heather Johnson
Chopping the Cranberry Relish © 2016 Heather Johnson
Adding Sugar to the Cranberry Relish © 2016 Heather Johnson
Cranberry Relish © 2016 Heather Johnson