I absolutely love making crafts with my kiddos. I especially enjoy making handprint and fingerprint crafts because I can lock a small piece of my daughter and son in time. For a fun spring idea, try making keepsake dandelions using handprints and fingerprints.
- Pour some green paint on the scrap cardboard.
- Paint two green stems on the blue paper.
- Use a cotton ball to cover your child’s hand in green paint.
- Press a green handprint with the fingers open at the bottom of each stem.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hand.
- Use the white crayon to draw a circle around the top of each stem.
- Paint a small black circle at the top of each stem inside the white circle.
- Pour some white paint on the scrap cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to apply white paint to your child’s finger.
- Press white fingerprints inside the white circles. Reapply the paint as needed.
- Wash the paint off your child’s finger.
For another fun dandelion idea, try my D Is for Dandelion Handprint Craft.
Dandelion Handprint-Fingerprint Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Finished Dandelion Handprint-Fingerprint Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson