My dad loved banana cream pie. Whenever I make or eat banana cream pie, I fondly think of him. I am also a fan of easy-to-make recipes that require only a few ingredients. Banana cream pie is one of the easiest desserts that I can whip together with minimal effort but maximum taste. Thus, in memory of my father, here is the super easy banana cream pie recipe that I frequently make for dessert for my family. For another recipe that my dad would have loved, try my banana cream pie cookies.
- 20 honey graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 3.9-ounce package of banana cream pudding or pie mix
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Use a food processor to grind the graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter.
- Pour the melted butter over the graham cracker crumbs.
- Stir until the graham cracker crumbs are thoroughly moistened.
- Press the buttered graham cracker crumbs into the bottom and sides of a pie pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Allow the baked crust to cool thoroughly.
- Combine the banana cream pudding mix with the cold milk.
- Whisk thoroughly.
- Cut the bananas into small pieces.
- Add the banana pieces to the pudding.
- Pour the pudding into the cooled pie crust.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 1 hour.
- Serve the pie cold with whipped cream if desired.
- Refrigerate any uneaten easy banana cream pie for up to a week.
Easy Banana Cream Pie © 2016 Heather Johnson