I love mint, especially during the holidays. But I also love mint throughout the rest of the year. I also love using boxed baking mixes as a base for my own creations. Using a sugar cookie mix, I made some simple but delicious mint chocolate chip cookies.
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 package of sugar cookie mix
- 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
- 8 drops of green food coloring
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Soften the butter.
- Combine the softened butter, sugar cookie mix, peppermint extract, food coloring, and egg.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoons of the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing the baked cookies from the cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool.
- Store the mint chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container.
Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe © 2013 Heather Johnson
Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies © 2013 Heather Johnson