My daughter and I love making crafts together. For a fun spring activity that fit perfectly into a preschool lesson on birds, she and I recently made a paper plate bird craft.
- Paper plate
- Colored paper
- Google eyes
- Cut some colored paper into small squares.
- Cut some orange paper into a triangle.
- Cut some yarn into 6-inch pieces.
- Knot the yarn together at one end.
- Fold the paper plate in half.
- Glue the orange triangle onto one side of the fold.
- Glue the knotted yarn into the other side of the fold.
- Cut some colored paper into long strips.
- Glue the paper plate together.
- Glue the colored squares onto both sides of the folder paper plate.
- Cut a small slit into the center of the paper plate near the fold.
- Fold another sheet of colored paper into an accordion.
- Slip the folder paper through the slit and secure.
- Glue two google eyes onto both sides of the folder plate near the orange triangle.
- Display the paper plate bird craft.
Paper Plate Bird Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson