Party mix is one of my favorite snacks during the holiday season. Although I could make the treat any time of the year, I have fond memories of eating the seasoned cereal mix during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. I have thus continued the tradition in my own home by making heaping bowls of party mix for the holidays.
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion salt
- 18 cups of Chex, Cheerios, peanuts, and pretzels
- Preheat the oven to 250º.
- Melt the butter.
- Stir in the vegetable oil.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic salt, and onion salt to the butter.
- Combine the Chex, Cheerios, peanuts, and pretzels in a large bowl.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cereal until evenly coated.
- Pour the coated cereal onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Store the party mix in an airtight container.
Party Mix Recipe © 2012 Heather Johnson
Party Mix © 2012 Heather Johnson
Cheerios and Pretzels © 2012 Heather Johnson
Chex © 2012 Heather Johnson
Butter © 2012 Heather Johnson
Melted Butter and Oil © 2012 Heather Johnson
Oil and Seasonings © 2012 Heather Johnson
Stirring the Party Mix © 2012 Heather Johnson
Baking the Party Mix © 2012 Heather Johnson
Baked Party Mix © 2012 Heather Johnson