- 1 box of cake mix (any flavor)
- 1 tub of icing (any flavor)
- spiced rum
- 2 12-ounce bags of chocolate chips (any flavor)
- Prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the box.
- Pour the tub of icing into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the cooked cake into the mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mix together the cooked cake and icing.
- Add spiced rum to taste to the cake-icing mixture. (Do not oversaturate.)
- Form the cake-icing mixture into bite-sized balls.
- Place the rum cake balls onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Freeze the rum cake balls until cold.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate chips.
- Dip the frozen rum cake balls into the melted chocolate.
- Place the chocolate-dipped rum cake balls back on the wax paper.
- Freeze the covered rum cake balls.
- Serve the rum cake balls frozen.
- Store any uneaten rum cake balls in the freezer.
Rum Cake Balls © 2011 Heather Johnson