The holiday episode “How Lily Stole Christmas” episode of How I Met Your Mother is one of my favorite Christmas television episodes. After watching the show a few times, I came up with a sinfully cinnamon cookies recipe, inspired by the Christmas cookies that Lily makes for Marshall.
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- cinnamon sugar
- Place the butter, milk, and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Allow the butter, milk, and egg to reach room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cream together the butter, milk, egg, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon sugar. (Use colored sugar in the cinnamon sugar for more festive cookies!)
- Place the sugared cookie dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten the dough balls with a fork.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove the baked cookies from the cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store the sinfully cinnamon cookies in an airtight container.
Sinfully Cinnamon Cookies Recipe © 2012 Heather Johnson
Sinfully Cinnamon Cookies © 2012 Heather Johnson
Butter, Egg, and Milk © 2012 Heather Johnson
Sinfully Cinnamon Cookie Dough © 2012 Heather Johnson
Rolling Out the Cookie Dough © 2012 Heather Johnson
Sinfully Cinnamon Cookie Dough Balls © 2012 Heather Johnson
Baking the Sinfully Cinnamon Cookies © 2012 Heather Johnson
Baked Sinfully Cinnamon Cookies © 2012 Heather Johnson