- 3 cups of zucchini puree
- 6 ounces of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ¼ cups of water
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 6 gala apples
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cups of oats
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Mix together the zucchini, Greek yogurt, and water until creamy.
- Combine the cake mix, ground flax seed, and nutritional yeast in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a greased cupcake pan or use cupcake liners.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown. The muffins will be extremely moist.
- Allow the zucchini spice muffins to cool.
- Crumble the cooled muffins into the bottom of an 11×13 glass baking dish.
- Core and chop the apples into small pieces.
- Layer the apple pieces on top of the zucchini spice crust.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the apples.
- Sprinkle the oats over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples are hot and tender.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Refrigerate any uneaten apple crumble with zucchini spice crust.
Apple Crumble with Zucchini Spice Crust © 2012 Heather Johnson