- 15 whole wheat saltines
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 pound of perch fillets
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mill the saltines until finely ground.
- Melt the butter in a shallow dish.
- Add the ground saltines, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, salt, and garlic powder to the butter.
- Coat the perch fillets in the butter herb mixture.
- Place the coated perch fillets in a shallow metal or cast iron baking pan.
- Sprinkle any remaining butter herb mixture on top of the coated fillets.
- Cook the perch for 25 to 30 minutes or until flakey.
- Serve the baked butter herb perch hot.
- Refrigerate any uneaten baked butter herb perch.
Baked Butter Herb Perch © 2015 Heather Johnson