J is for jaguar! Help your toddler learn about the letter J by making a fun jaguar handprint craft.
- Orange and brown nontoxic paint
- Blank paper
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab or paintbrush
- Pour some orange paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of orange paint on your child’s hand.
- Press the handprint with the fingers open and down onto the paper.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hand.
- Use a paintbrush to paint a thin tail coming off the back of the handprint and a triangle ear on top of the thumbprint.
- Pour some brown paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of brown paint on your child’s fingertip.
- Press brown fingertip prints onto the orange handprint. Reapply the brown paint as needed.
- Wash the paint off your child’s fingertip.
- Use a paintbrush to paint “J is for jaguar” in brown on the paper.
Brown and Orange Acrylic Paint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Orange Handprint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Painting on an Orange Jaguar Tail © 2014 Heather Johnson
Painting on an Orange Jaguar Ear © 2014 Heather Johnson
Brown Jaguar Spot Fingertip Prints © 2014 Heather Johnson
Painting on a Brown Jaguar Eye © 2014 Heather Johnson
J Is for Jaguar Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson