I love the simplicity of Christmas cookies made with boxed cake mixes. Yesterday I shared my new recipe for spiced orange crinkle cookies that I made with a box of vanilla cake mix. In addition to the clove orange cookies, I also recently made a batch of delicious butter cake crinkles using some butter recipe yellow cake mix.
- 1 box of butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 6 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Combine the powdered sugar and corn starch in a small bowl.
- Beat together the softened butter, eggs, and milk in a large bowl.
- Slowly add the cake mix to the butter mixture. Combine thoroughly.
- Drop teaspoons of the cookie dough into the powdered sugar mixture.
- Roll the dough ball in the powdered sugar until thoroughly covered.
- Form the powdered sugar-covered dough into a ball.
- Place the powdered sugar-covered dough ball on an ungreased cookie sheet. Leave 2 inches between the dough balls.
- Bake the cookies for 9 minutes or until the bottoms begin to brown.
- Allow the baked cookies to rest for a minute before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Store the butter cake crinkles in an airtight container.
Butter Cake Crinkles Recipe © 2015 Heather Johnson
Ingredients for Butter Cake Crinkles © 2015 Heather Johnson
Creaming the Butter for the Butter Cake Crinkles © 2015 Heather Johnson
Mixing the Butter, Eggs, and Milk for the Butter Cake Crinkles © 2015 Heather Johnson
Adding the Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix to the Butter Mixture © 2015 Heather Johnson
Blending the Butter Cake Crinkles Dough © 2015 Heather Johnson
Rolling the Butter Cake Crinkles in Powdered Sugar and Corn Starch © 2015 Heather Johnson
Unbaked Butter Cake Crinkles © 2015 Heather Johnson
Baking the Butter Cake Crinkles © 2015 Heather Johnson
Allowing the Butter Cake Crinkles to Cool © 2015 Heather Johnson
Butter Cake Crinkles Ready to Eat © 2015 Heather Johnson