My family and I love pizza. But I also try to get more vegetables into our diets. I love a good pizza crust, but I also recently created a super tasty cauliflower pizza crust. The key to a crispy crust is to squeeze as much water as possible from the cooked cauliflower rice.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 dash of ground cayenne
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Remove the stem from the cauliflower.
- Grind the cauliflower in a food processor until finely ground into cauliflower rice.
- Boil the ground cauliflower rice in some water until the water disappears.
- Allow the cooked cauliflower rice to cool.
- Pour the cooked cauliflower onto a clean towel.
- Squeeze as much water from the cooked cauliflower as possible.
- Combine the drained cauliflower rice with the Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, cayenne, and egg.
- Pour the cauliflower dough onto a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet.
- Smooth the dough out until about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Flip the baked cauliflower pizza crust and top with sauce, cheese, and other toppings.
- Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and bubbles.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe © 2017 Heather Johnson
Cauliflower on Cutting Board © 2017 Heather Johnson
Cauliflower in Food Processor © 2017 Heather Johnson
Riced Cauliflower © 2017 Heather Johnson
Other Ingredients for Cauliflower Pizza Crust © 2017 Heather Johnson
Drained Cooked Cauliflower Rice © 2017 Heather Johnson
Mixing the Cauliflower Pizza Crust Dough © 2017 Heather Johnson
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Dough © 2017 Heather Johnson
Spreading the Cauliflower Pizza Crust Dough © 2017 Heather Johnson
Cauliflower Pizza Crust © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Pizza © 2017 Heather Johnson