- 8 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grate the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Cut the butter into small cubes.
- Combine the grated cheese, cubed butter, flour, and salt in a food processors.
- Crumb the ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Slowly pulse in the water.
- Roll the cracker dough into a ball and wrap in plastic.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough 1/16 to 1/8 inch flat.
- Cut the dough into shapes using small cookie cutters.
- Place the shapes on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy and lightly golden. Do not overbake.
- Store the cheese crackers in an airtight container.
Cheese Crackers © 2012 Heather Johnson
Shredded Cheddar Cheese © 2012 Heather Johnson
Ingredients for Cheese Crackers in Food Processor © 2012 Heather Johnson
Crumbing the Ingredients for Cheese Crackers © 2012 Heather Johnson
Crumbed Ingredients for Cheese Crackers © 2012 Heather Johnson
Rolling the Cheese Cracker Dough into a Ball © 2012 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Cheese Cracker Dough © 2012 Heather Johnson
Baking the Cheese Cracker Dough © 2012 Heather Johnson
Baked Cheese Crackers © 2012 Heather Johnson