P is for panther! Help your toddler learn about the letter P by making a fun panther handprint craft.
- Black and green nontoxic paint
- Blank paper
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab or paintbrush
- Pour some black paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of black paint on your child’s hand.
- Press the handprint with the fingers open and pointing down onto the paper.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hand.
- Use a paintbrush to paint a black ear on top of the thumbprint and a black tail opposite the thumbprint.
- Pour some green paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a paintbrush to paint a green dot in the center of the black thumbprint.
- Use a paintbrush to paint “P is for panther” in black on the paper.
For more fun big cat crafts, try my C Is for Cheetah Handprint Craft, J Is for Jaguar Handprint Craft, L Is for Lion Handprint and Footprint Craft, and T Is for Tiger Handprint Craft.
P Is for Panther Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Black and Green Acrylic Paint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Black Handprint with Fingers Open © 2014 Heather Johnson
Painting the Black Panther Ear and Tail © 2014 Heather Johnson
Painting a Green Panther Eye © 2014 Heather Johnson
Finished P Is for Panther Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Completed P Is for Panther Handprint Craft © 2017 Heather Johnson