Pumpkin is one of my favorite fall flavors. I love cooking and serving pumpkin desserts for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I particularly enjoy chewy pumpkin cookies full of chewy raisins. My chewy pumpkin cookie recipe is easy to make and super delicious!
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of vegetable shortening or butter
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated orange peel
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Blend the white sugar, pumpkin puree, shortening, and orange peel together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Slowly blend the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold the raisins into the cookie dough.
- Drop the batter by the teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Leave at least an inch of space between each cookie.
- Bake each tray of cookies for eight to ten minutes.
- Immediately remove the baked cookies from the cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- After cooling, store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three or four days or place in freezer containers and freeze for future use.
Chewy Pumpkin Cookie Recipe © 2013 Heather Johnson
Chewy Pumpkin Cookies © 2013 Heather Johnson