I love baking cookies during the holiday season. I always make extras to donate to my local library cookie sale each December. This year I put a holiday twist on the classic monster cookie using red and green baking bits.
- 2 cups of softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of oats
- 2 bags of Christmas M&M’s MINIS Baking Bits
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the vanilla and eggs to the butter mixture.
- Beat until creamy.
- Combine the salt, baking soda, all-purpose flour, and oats in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the M&M’s MINIS Baking Bits.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing the cookies from the baking sheet.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container.
Christmas Monster Cookies Recipe © 2019 Heather Johnson
Mixing the Dough for Christmas Monster Cookies © 2019 Heather Johnson
Christmas Monster Cookies Dough © 2019 Heather Johnson
Scooping the Christmas Monster Cookies © 2019 Heather Johnson
Unbaked Christmas Monster Cookies © 2019 Heather Johnson
Christmas Monster Cookies © 2019 Heather Johnson