G is for grapes! Help your toddler learn about the letter G by making a fun grape handprint craft.
- Purple and green nontoxic paint
- Blank paper
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab or paintbrush
- Pour some purple paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of green paint on your child’s hand.
- Press a handprint on the bottom center of the paper with the fingers closed and pointing down.
- Press two more handprints directly above the first handprint to form a pyramid. Reapply the purple paint as needed.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hand.
- Pour some green paint onto the cardboard.
- Spread a thin layer of green paint on your child’s finger.
- Press the fingerprint in the center above the row of two handprints.
- Wash the paint off your child’s finger.
- Use a paintbrush to paint “G is for grapes” in purple on the paper.
G Is for Grapes Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Purple and Green Acrylic Paint © 2014 Heather Johnson
One Purple Handprint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Three Stacked Purple Handprints © 2014 Heather Johnson
Adding the Green Fingerprint to the Purple Handprints © 2014 Heather Johnson
Completed G Is for Grapes Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Finished G Is for Grapes Handprint Craft © 2017 Heather Johnson